Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Let's get caught up


So here it is, the end of July, and I realize that I haven't posted in a really long time. It's not that there isn't anything going on. Oh! Believe me theres stuff going on, just not a lot of bead related stuff.

First off, we decided to adopt two dogs from my sister back in February. They are 2yr old schnauzer/ beagle mix or schneagles, as we like to call them.
They are a hand full, but they get along with Jack and cute goes a long way around here.

We've also started hiking again. A few years back this was what we did every weekend. Then somehow we got too busy and couldn't find the time to get out. So this year we've tried to make it a point to get out.

Top of Mt. Townsend


Top of  Marmot Pass




Along the Dosewallips River



 I got to take a trip into Seattle with some friends to go and see the King Tut exhibit at the Seattle Science Center. It was pretty fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. The gold work and jewelry on display was particularly inspiring.

 




Time in the studio has been limited, but I've managed to find a few fleeting moments. A few earrings and a cuff mainly. I also made a couple of sets of buttons for a friend at work but sadly I forgot to take pictures before I sent them off.




Well that pretty much sums up the last six months or so. I'll do my best not to let that much time laps before the next update.




1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, where the heck have you been!! I know, sometimes its hard to load the pics then post a blog.

You pooches are so cute. I'm down to one lonely dawg now. I feel bad for him, but I don't know if I want another dog again. I don't think I am over losing my Jack even after this long.

Wow. If I had places to hike like you do, I'd been on the trails all the time. Lots to see there and you didn't even post any of the critters you encountered along the way.

Nice to hear from you.
xx, Carol