Sunday, April 3, 2011

Moving Update & I Get To Bead!

Well, It's done.
Or at least I'm calling it done.

The shelves are almost full.

The bead table is ready to go.


One of the benefits of moving, aside from having my own space, was going through my collection of beads and supplies. As I reacquainted myself with my stuff, discovering beads I bought more than 15 years ago, all I wanted to do was stop and make something. I hadn't felt like playing around for awhile and I had a hard time keeping myself focused on moving in.

Officially these earrings are the first thing I made.

Earrings for Spring.

Lately I've become kind of obsessed with the colors of peacock feathers. Usually, I would make a button when I felt inspired by a color combination, but I didn't feel like messing around with fabric. I hadn't done peyote stitch in a really long time and I love that is just needle, thread and beads. So simple and easy to get started.

These are some ruffles I made. I think they would make great embellishment for bead embroidery or a bracelet. 

Experimenting with flat round peyote stitch.

 After awhile, I started thinking about the Czech beads I have and how I have always wanted to try freeform peyote. Why didn't anyone tell me how much fun this is? I don't have a clue what I'm making or what I'm doing. I just know I having a good time.

My first attempt at freeform peyote.

I'm having fun not knowing what I'm doing.

Trying to incorporate the Czech glass has been the most challenging.


No comments: