Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Little Splurge

I finally went to the fabric store today to get stuff for "The Hand". I decided to pat myself on the back for paying off my car loan last month and letting myself go a little crazy. The brown and orange fall fabrics really called to me. Funny that we're entering into spring and all I wanted were the fall palettes. I also tried to pick up some colors I knew I didn't have, but mainly bought what ever tickled my fancy.





Then I headed over to one of my local bead stores, The Bead Garden, to see what was new. I ended up picking out some "vintage" beads. I tend to be sceptical when stores make the claim of vintage. It's also quite likely that these beads could be new, but made from molds that have been out of production for many years. Either way I love them and what does it matter when they were made? If you like them buy them. That has been my bead shopping motto for awhile now, because you never know if you'll see them again. I also found these adorable coral flowers and lovely cloisonne butterflies.



So that was my treat to myself. Tomorrow is my day to stay home, do laundry and bead. I have been working on something for someones birthday, but I don't want to show it just yet, in case that person happen to read this. I will just have to wait until it's given and post pictures latter.

No comments: