Sunday, March 8, 2009

I don't know about were you live, but around here it has started to fell like spring. Maybe it's the day light savings time or the tender little buds popping out on the greenery, either way I am so ready for old man winter to go away. It's time for longer, warmer days.

In the mean time I have been fighting the March blahs by keeping myself busy with beads. I have been dying to try this tree trunk technique ever since I saw it in Robin Atkins's book "Heart to Hand Bead Embroidery". I mixed up some brown seed beads and once I figured out what I wanted it went really fast.

This next picture is what I have been able to get done today. Adding leaves and branches has made it look more tree-like. I want to keep the background simple but before I can start that I need to finish with the tree first. Those branches still need a little something.

Well that's all for now, I'll try to get better pictures the next time I update. In the mean time I'll be in my studio waiting for spring.

No comments: